In the mood for a delicious and nutritious lunch that is easy and fun to make with your kids? Try VeegMama’s Amazing Avocado Sandwich today!
4 slices sourdough or whole wheat bread
1 large or 2 small avocados
6 thin slices of cucumber
Juice of 1 lime
Salt, to taste
Veggie Tofu Wrap
1 whole wheat tortilla
1 tablespoon vegan mayo (such as Vegenaise or WildWood)
1 lettuce leaf
1 tablespoon shredded carrots
4 slices baked tofu
3 slices avocado
1. Spread mayo on the tortilla, leaving a ¼ inch border around the edge.
Soyrizo Breakfast Hash
1 bag frozen shredded hashbrowns
6 ounces Soyrizo
1 onion, chopped
2 tablespoons oil
1 avocado, sliced
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1. Saute the onion in the oil until slightly golden. Stir in the hashbrowns. Saute until golden brown and cooked through (approximately 15 minutes).
Peanut Butter Banana Protein Smoothie
1 cup vegan vanilla protein powder (such as SunWarrior, Vega, GNC PureEdge)
1 cup almond milk
¼ cup peanut butter (or almond butter)
1 cup ice
Vegan Sushi Rolls
Sushi rice, cooked according to package
Fillings: Seasoned tofu (we like the Teriyaki flavor from Trader Joe’s), shredded carrots, Cucumber, sliced into matchsticks, sliced Avocado
1. Place nori sheet on a sushi mat. Spread rice on nori, leaving a 1 inch border.
2. Lay toppings down in a line.
3. Roll and press with the mat. Cut into rolls.
4. Serve alongside miso soup and an Asian Slaw (cabbage, shredded carrots, tossed with brown rice vinegar and sesame seeds)