Meet Jed Doherty
Jedlie is one of the nation’s most exciting school show performers. He uses positive reinforcement, storytelling, illusions, comedy, music and dance to motivate audiences to make healthy choices, build safe schools, stand up for one another and to be inclusive.
Jed Doherty, a former licensed, certified social worker, has been inspiring audiences as Jedlie since 1983. Since that time he has brought a magical message of caring and community to millions of hearts throughout the United States and Puerto Rico. In addition to thousands of performances in schools, libraries and churches Jedlie has been the headline family entertainer at hundreds of great events, including:
- New Year’s Eve Celebration, New Bedford, MA *
- Connectfest Music Festival, Marciano Stadium, Brockton, MA *
- River Rock Music Festival, Sunday River, Maine
- New Jersey CityFest Music Festival, Clinton, NJ
- Cumberland County Fair, Cumberland, ME *
- Camden County Summer Concert Series, Camden County, NJ *
- Family Concert Series, Boston Public Library, Boston, MA *
- Multi Cultural Family Day, Archdiocese of Boston, Boston College High School, Boston, MA
- Pennsylvania State School Nurses Association Annual Conference Keynote Speaker, State College, PA
- Diocese of Brooklyn Anti Bullying Conference Keynote Speaker, Brooklyn, NY
- What Parents Need To Know About Bullying Conference, Dean College, Franklin, MA
- Family Day, University of Southern New Hampshire
- Disabilities Awareness Conference, Harvard School of Medicine, Boston, MA
- El Dia de la Familia, Plaza Del Caribe, Ponce, PR
* indicates return engagement
One of his most memorable accomplishments was serving as the Producer, Screenwriter and Featured Performer in “MELTDOWN!!! (The Walls That Separate)”. This internationally acclaimed disabilities awareness video was cablecast nationally and seen in classrooms around the World.
Doherty has received awards, degrees and certificates from numerous institutions, including;
- Boston College High School, Boston, MA
- Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA
- Communidad Estrella, Ponce, PR
- University of Dayton, VLCFF, Dayton, OH
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
He has also successfully completed the Protecting God’s Children safety program, administered by the Archdiocese of Boston.
Doherty creates his programs in collaboration with his wife, Carmen Sonia Guerrios-Doherty, M. ED., a veteran special needs teacher in the Boston Public Schools and former member of the Board of Education for the Archdiocese of Boston. The Doherty family lives in Boston and are active members of their community.