In the mood for a delicious and nutritious lunch that is easy and fun to make with your kids? Try VeegMama’s Amazing Avocado Sandwich today!
4 slices sourdough or whole wheat bread
1 large or 2 small avocados
6 thin slices of cucumber
Juice of 1 lime
Salt, to taste
- Cut and scoop the flesh of the avocados into a small bowl.
- Add in the lemon juice and salt. Mash with a fork.
- Spread half of the avocado mash onto 1 slice of bread. Lay the cucumber slices on top and top with another slice of bread. Cut into quarters.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Makes 2 whole sandwiches or 8 quarter sandwiches.
Veggie Tofu Wrap
1 whole wheat tortilla
1 tablespoon vegan mayo (such as Vegenaise or WildWood)
1 lettuce leaf
1 tablespoon shredded carrots
4 slices baked tofu
3 slices avocado
1. Spread mayo on the tortilla, leaving a ¼ inch border around the edge.
- Layer the lettuce leaf on top towards one side of the tortilla. Then, add the carrots on top, followed by the tofu, and last, the avocado.
- Roll the tortilla away from you, as you lightly press the ingredients into the roll.
- Slice in half on the diagonal.
Soyrizo Breakfast Hash
1 bag frozen shredded hashbrowns
6 ounces Soyrizo
1 onion, chopped
2 tablespoons oil
1 avocado, sliced
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1. Saute the onion in the oil until slightly golden. Stir in the hashbrowns. Saute until golden brown and cooked through (approximately 15 minutes).
- Crumble the Soyrizo into the pan. Stir and cook until heated through (about 5 minutes)
- Garnish with the avocado and cilantro, if desired.
Peanut Butter Banana Protein Smoothie
1 cup vegan vanilla protein powder (such as SunWarrior, Vega, GNC PureEdge)
1 cup almond milk
¼ cup peanut butter (or almond butter)
1 cup ice
- Add all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Enjoy immediately!
Vegan Sushi Rolls
Sushi rice, cooked according to package
Fillings: Seasoned tofu (we like the Teriyaki flavor from Trader Joe’s), shredded carrots, Cucumber, sliced into matchsticks, sliced Avocado
1. Place nori sheet on a sushi mat. Spread rice on nori, leaving a 1 inch border.
2. Lay toppings down in a line.
3. Roll and press with the mat. Cut into rolls.
4. Serve alongside miso soup and an Asian Slaw (cabbage, shredded carrots, tossed with brown rice vinegar and sesame seeds)